Lafayette boats a number of major facilities for sporting events. See some of our main facilities below or listings by sporting type. In addition, you may wish to review two of our multi-purpose facilities, Cajundome Convention Center and Heymann Center.
University of Louisiana at Lafayette Athletic Complex
- Home to the Ragin' Cajuns, the UL Lafayette Athletic Complex boasts the finest facilities in the South-all within walking distance.
- Cajun Field, built in 1971, seats 31,000 and features a natural grass playing surface.
- Bring your basketball event into the friendly confines of the $60 million Cajundome. Just across from Cajun Field, this facility seats 12,000.
- Newly renovated, Earl K. Long Gym is home to UL Lafayette Women's Athletics and seats over 2,000 spectators around a regulation basketball court.
- Blackham Coliseum is yet another choice for indoor activities with 9,800 seats.
- Bourgeois Hall, also on the UL Athletic Complex, is perfect for basketball and volleyball preliminary games.
- For baseball events, Moore Field can host up to 3,755 spectators. Lady Cajun Park, home to the nationally-ranked Lady Cajun softball team, can seat 1,000.
- For tennis, UL Lafayette offers Cajun Courts, a ten-court complex with a hard court playing surface.
- The 5,000-seat Cajun Track facility hosts major college meets annually and has hosted the TAC Junior National Championships and other amateur events. The nine-lane 400-meter facility has been hailed as one of the fastest surfaces in the South.
- On the main campus, the UL Lafayette Conference Center can handle your swimming events.
Lafayette is home to the top-ranked ECHL Louisiana IceGators. In addition to professional hockey, Lafayette boasts strong amateur hockey leagues and several facilities available for practice, games and events.
To supplement UL Lafayette's facilities, Lafayette has almost 30 municipal parks with baseball diamonds, football, soccer and softball fields, basketball and tennis courts, and swimming pools.
Seven area high schools offer exceptional facilities on their individual campuses. These venues would be perfect for preliminary rounds.
If golf is your game, Lafayette offers eight courses with a variety of settings!
- Outdoor Adventure
- Live Music
- Group Tours
- Meetings & Conventions
- Key Contacts
- Request Sports Facilities Guide
- Sport Facilities
- Top Shelf Sports
- M.L. "Tigue" Moore Field
- Earl K. Long Gym
- Track & Field
- Bourgeois Hall
- Culotta Tennis Center
- Pelican Park
- Fabacher Field
- Baseball & Softball
- Hebert Municipal Golf Course
- The Wetlands
- Farm d'Allie
- Girard Park
- LA Ice Arena
- Moore Park
- Beaver Park
- Tournament Services