Latin Music Festival
Saturday, October 5, 2019
Hosted by the Asociación Cultural Latino-Acadiana, the Latin Music Festival is a free, family-friendly event held in Parc International each year in downtown Lafayette. The event features authentic Latin food, music, dance and family fun, and coincides with Latin Heritage Month. For more information click here.
Festivals Acadiens et Créoles
Thursday-Sunday, October 10-13, 2019
Lafayette, LA's annual Festivals Acadiens et Créoles, held the second full weekend in October, provides the ideal opportunity to discover Lafayette, LA's blend of food, music and culture that makes the city so unique. For over 40 years this free festival has offered locals and visitors alike the opportunity to experience three days of nonstop music, dancing, food as well as crafts and a genuine Cajun and Creole experience like no other. For more information click here.
Boudin Cook-Off & Bacon Festival
Saturday, October 19, 2019
Parc International, Downtown, Lafayette
Held in Downtown Lafayette, the Boudin Cook-Off offers samples of the smoked meat and rice delicacy from vendors around the state vying for the title of best boudin. This family-friendly outdoor event brings together Lafayette’s blend of food, music and culture to Parc International in Downtown Lafayette. There will be live music, fun jumps, face painting and of course the boudin eating contest, which tests even the most seasoned boudin eater. Admission is free with tickets being sold for beverages and also your vote for the best boudin. This year, the festival is bringing a bacon cook-off to the table—because, what doesn’t taste better with bacon? Click here for more information.
Bayou Round up
Friday-Sunday, October 18-19
Lafayette, LA's annual Bayou Round Up showcases the fantastic music, food, scenery and culture of Lafayette combined with a great big gathering of incredible hot rods, custom cars, artists, vendors and more along with some of the best live music onstage. The Bayou Round Up is held on the grounds of Lafayette's Blackham Coliseum. The history of this place in the community and its perfectly preserved vintage atmosphere makes it the ideal backdrop for this event. Click here for more information.
Blackpot Festival & Cook-Off
Friday-Saturday, October 25-26, 2019
The South Louisiana Black Pot Festival & Cookoff is one of the most unique festivals in Louisiana. Held annually in late October, the festival celebrates Cajun culture and cooking with two days of great music, dancing, food, camping & jamming. The festival is a cooperative of South Louisiana musicians, artists and southern culture enthusiasts, creating an unprecedented gathering of south Louisiana’s hottest roots bands, as well as a number of groups from all over the country. Click here for more information.
Lafayette, LA is at the heart of Louisiana’s Cajun & Creole Country, an area known for their unique blend of Cajun, Creole, Zydeco and modern music. During the fall and spring Lafayette becomes a music mecca with free concert series held Wednesday through Friday. Below are some Concert Series that are going on in the month of September! For a complete list of concert series click here.
The Mercredi Show (at Pelican Park in Carencro):
- Wednesday, October 2: Jo-EL Sonnier.
- Wednesday, October 9: Ryan Foret & Foret Tradition.
- Wednesday, October 16: Warren Storm Willie Tee and The Cypress Band.
- Wednesday, October 23: Jamie Bergeron and the Kickin' Cajuns.
Rhythms on the River (River Ranch's Town Square):
- Thursday, October 3: Souled Out.
- Thursday, October 10: Chris Ardoin with Cupid.
- Thursday, October 17: Category 6.
- Thursday, October 24: The Molly Ringwalds.
- Friday, October 4: Doctor Nativo + Rio Luminoso (Mayan Reggae Cumbia/Classic Latin) at Parc International.
- Friday, October 18: Radio Zydeco + The South Austin Moonlighters (Zydeco/Roots Rock) at Parc Sans Souci.
- Friday, October 25: The Daiquiri Queens + The Haggard Bucks (Cajun/Country) at Parc Sans Souci.
Bach Lunch (Downtown Lafayette):
- Friday, October 4: Michot Melody Makers | Food Vendors: Imonelli's, and Jefferson Street Pub.
- Friday, October 11: The Revelers | Food Vendors: Deano's Pizza, Hub City Diner, and Joey's Specialty Meats.
-Friday, October 25: Les Freres Michot | Food Vendors: Agave Cantina, Antoni's Cafe, and Bailey's.
St. Julien Jams:
-Friday, October 18: Leroy Thomas & the Zydeco Roadrunners. *WEAR PINK and help honor breast cancer fighters and survivors.
-Friday, October 25: Don Rich. *It's almost Halloween! Kids, wear your HALLOWEEN costume!
Sugar Jam (Sugar Mill Pond Town Center in Youngsville):
- Saturday, October 26: Dustin Sonnier & The Wanted.
Concerts at Couret:
- Saturday, October 19: Travis Matte at Couret Farms.