We sat down with Holly Goetting from Charley G's to find out where she likes to eat when she's not serving up delicious seafood and steaks for dinner. Watch the video below or check out the abbreviated answers below for a quick read.
Favorite place to eat breakfast?
- Johnson’s Boucaniere – Nenaine Special, aka the godmother of grilled cheeses, a boudin stuffed grilled cheese on a biscuit with their in-house BBQ sauce.
- Arceneaux’s Corner Pantry on Foreman Drive – Lump of boudin with a Coke
Favorite place to eat lunch?
- Social Southern Table & Bar – Social Wedge with butter lettuce, Danish blue crumble, bacon, creamy and smoked garlic dressing
Favorite place to eat dinner?
- Marcello’s – Start with a Franco 75, like a French 75, but with cognac instead of gin, followed by the Shrimp Pepate - large shrimp sautéed with roasted garlic and crushed red pepper in a light olive oil sauce tossed with linguini and toasted pine nuts
Favorite place to have a drink?
- Don’s Seafood – Old Fashion
- Tap Room – Old fashion
- La Pagua – Mr. Julio Margarita
Favorite late-night spot in town?
- Green Oaks Lounge – Best kept secret in Lafayette with good pool tables, dart board, jukebox and great burgers
Favorite drive-thru daiquiri spot?
- Daiquiris Supreme – The Master: Strawberry, Peach, Pina Colada, Cherry Bomb, and Banana
Favorite local beer?
- Parish Brewing – Ghost in the Machine is a great double IPA, or for a lighter beer the Parish Pilsner, and for a more fruity taste try the SIPs series