Recurring: Recurring on the 3rd Saturday of October
Time: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
The 14th Annual Boudin Cook-Off and Acadiana Bacon Fest will bring together boudin makers and bacon artisans from Louisiana and Texas on Saturday, October 16 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Parc International in Downtown Lafayette.
Robert Carriker, founder of the event, is proud in noting that, “This will be the place to be to sample everything from boudin rouge, bacon-wrapped boudin balls, cheesy bacony grits, to boudin pie, and everything in-between.”
There will be food, prizes, refreshments, the world’s only boudin ball eating contest, and fun for the whole family including free ice cream sandwiches, face painting, and kid’s games. Live music from the Specklers, the Babineaux Sisters, and a two-hour jam session from the Blue Monday All-Stars will entertain throughout the day. Proceeds from the event will benefit Love of People and its mission to provide food to communities in need.
The cookoff started in 2007 to bring boudin makers from across the state to one location for people
to sample dozens of boudin recipes. This annual pork spectacular has received national and regional recognition as one of the country’s best Cajun food-centered events. It remains an event to celebrate the region’s culinary heritage and culture.
Entries, information, and schedule can be found on Facebook or the cookoff website at
Schedule of Events
*Subject to change
- Cook-Off Ticket Sales/Boudin & Bacon
- Sampling Begins
- Free Face Painting
- Free Fun Jumps
- Free Games with Prizes
- Cakes, Cookies, and Sweets
- Cast Your Vote for "People's Choice" (until 3:30 p.m.)
- The Specklers - Center Stage (10:00 - 11:30 a.m.)
- Boudin Ball Eating Contest (Center Stage)
12:00 - 1:15 p.m.
- Babineaux Sisters (Center Stage)
- 225 lb Pig Stuffed with Bacon and Cooked in a Cajun Microwave Sampling (3 Tickets)
- Boudin & Bacon Eating Contest (Main Stage)
- Free Ice Cream Sandwiches from Auto Title Express (Stage Left)
1:45 - 3:45 p.m.
- Blue Monday Alls Stars Jam Session - Center Stage
- People's Choice Voting Closes
- Winners Announced: Un-Linked/Specialty Category, Best Boudin, Best Bacon Dish, and People's Choice