Dates: March 17, 2018
Time: 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
We invite you and the family to enjoy a fun filled day with lots of happenings throughout our historic village and folklife park. The event will take place on Saturday, March 17 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. The purpose is to honor how various cultures prepare for this gorgeous time of year in our area.
The event will consists of:
- Egg Dyeing using traditional techniques
- Egg Painting and Decorating for kids and for adults
- Prettiest Egg Contest & Pâquer Tournament (bragging rights & a prize will be awarded)
- Face painting by Laura Westbrook
- Arts & crafts such as Basket Decorating, etc.
- Historical games to enjoy including Gilbert's Game of Graces & Spoon Races
- Village animals along with baby goats and baby chickens for guests to meet
- Sweet Dough Tart Cooking Demonstration in the Cooking School
- Live Cajun music from our weekly Jam Session
- Food available for purchase from our restaurant, La Cuisine de Maman
Eggs will sell at $1 for (2). Admission is $5 per person; kids ages 3 and under admitted free. Vermilionville members receive $1 off admission.