- 1 Fryer Chicken
- 2 Tb Salt
- 1 Tb Red Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tb Granulated Garlic
- 1 Tb Oil
- 1 Large Yellow Onion
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes (14 oz.)
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce ( 6 oz.)
- Cut fryer chicken into 8 or 10 pieces
- Season both sides of chicken with salt, red cayenne pepper, and granulated garlic.
- Dice yellow onion and green bell pepper.
- Heat oil on medium heat in a 5-quart pot.
- Add chicken so the pieces cover the bottom of the pot.
- Cook uncovered on medium high heat allowing chicken pieces to brown for 10-15 minutes.
- Add diced yellow onion and bell pepper to the pot and let cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes and scrap the bottom of the pot to release brown bits on the bottom.
- Add tomato sauce and stir.
- Continue cooking on low to medium heat about 20-25 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Add small amount of water, if tomato gravy is too thick.
- Serve over steamed white rice.
Recipe compliments of Debra Taghehchian.