Cherries Jubilee is a classic dessert that is an impressive end to any great dinner.
6 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup maraschino syrup
2 tablespoons cane syrup
1/2 cup Grand Marnier
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon water
One 16-ounce can of red pitted cherries in water, drained.
Reserve 1/2 cup of liquid.
4 scoops vanilla ice cream
1. Heat butter and brown sugar in small saucepot until sugar is dissolved.
2. Add maraschino syrup and cane syrup and bring to a simmer.
3. Add Grand Marnier, being careful as it could flame up. Stir in cinnamon.
4. In a cup, combine cornstarch and water until cornstarch is dissolved. Stir into sauce to thicken.
5. Add cherries and reserved cherry liquid and simmer for 1 minute. Serve over ice cream.
Yields four servings.
Recipe Compliments of Chef Patrick Mould.