2 sticks of butter
1/2 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
1/4 cup diced celery
1 tablespoon garlic
1/2 cup flour
2 teaspoons salt
2 pints half & half
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon thyme
2 14-ounce cans quartered artichoke hearts, drained
2 teaspoons hot sauce
1/4 pound Havarti cheese
1 pound crawfish tails
1/4 cup minced parsley
1/4 cup minced green onions
1. Heat butter in a heavy pan over low to medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic; cook until onions start to turn clear.
2. Add flour and cook for additional 5 minutes being careful not to brown flour.
3. Whisk in half & half, then chicken stock until sauce is smooth and creamy. Add thyme, salt, artichoke hearts and hot sauce; simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
4. Add cheese and continue to cook until cheese is melted. Stir in crawfish tails and continue to simmer for 15 minutes until crawfish are heated thoroughly.
5. Stir in parsley and green onions.
Serves 6 to 8 people.
Recipe compliments of Chef Patrick Mould.