This is a great dish to prepare for your Sunday dinner. It can be put together the day before and then just popped in the oven the next day.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped celery
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 cup heavy cream
One 8-ounce can cream of mushroom soup
1 pound crawfish tails
2 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Heat olive oil in medium sized saute pan over medium heat. Add onion, red and green bell peppers and celery and saute for 3 minutes.
3. Add garlic, mushrooms and saute for additional minute. Stir in heavy cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes until it thickens.
4. In a large bowl add crawfish tails, cream of mushroom soup, Cajun seasoning, hot sauce and green onions. Stir until combined. Add sauteed vegetables and heavy cream and stir together.
5. Pour into medium casserole dish with cover. Bake for 30 minutes.
6. Remove casserole from oven and top with cheese and breadcrumbs. Return to oven and bake for additional 10 minutes.
Yields 8 side servings.
Recipe compliments of Chef Patrick Mould.