- 1 Stick Butter
- 2 Bunches Chopped Green Onions
- 3 Ribs of Chopped Celery
- 3 Chopped Garlic Cloves
- 2 14 oz. Cans of Artichoke Drained & Quartered with Hearts Chopped
- 3 Tbl. Flour
- 1 – 1 ½ Qt. Chicken Stock
- Red Cayenne Pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbl. Worchestershire Sauce
- 1 Qt., or 4 C. Oysters, Drained & Chopped, Reserve Liquor
- 1 C. Evaporated Milk
- 1 C. Milk (optional)
- Melt butter in a 4 quart saucepan.
- Saute onions, celery, and garlic until soft.
- Sprinkle with flour and coat well. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add stock and seasonings. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add oysters and liquor and simmer for 10 minutes, but do not boil.
- Stir in evaporated milk and milk, if using.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or up to 3 days.
- Gently reheat to serve.
Recipe compliments of Debra Taghehchian.