One 8 oz. pack spaghetti
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 lb. Andouille
1/2 cup minced onions
1/4 cup minced celery
1/4 cup minced bell pepper
1 tablespoon minced garlic
One 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
3 dozen shucked oysters, reserving 1/2 cup oyster liquor
1/4 cup minced fresh basil, packed
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup plus 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup minced parsley
1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions and set aside.
2. In a large skillet heat butter and add andouille and cook for 5 minutes until browned slightly. Add onions, celery, bell pepper, garlic, tomatoes, reserved oyster liquor; simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in heavy cream, Parmesan cheese and basil; continue to cook over medium high heat for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in oysters, Cajun Seasoning and hot sauce, continue to cook, stirring occasionally until oysters start to curl about 5 minutes.
5. Add spaghetti and continue to cook until spaghetti is heated about 3 minutes. Stir in green onions and parsley.
Yields: 4 servings
Recipe compliments of Chef Patrick Mould.