To salt or not to salt the eggplant, that is the question. I salt, end of story!
2 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1 large eggplant, peeled & sliced into medallions
2-3 cups LouAna Peanut Oil
2 cups milk
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon hot sauce
2 cups Italian bread crumbs
1. Peel and slice eggplant. Place in salted water for 30 minutes. Drain, rinse and pat dry.
2. Heat LouAna Oil in skillet until hot.
3. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning and hot sauce and stir together.
4. In another bowl, season flour with 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning. Place breadcrumbs in another bowl.
5. Dip eggplant into seasoned flour, then egg mixture and then breadcrumbs, pressing firmly to make crumbs stick.
6. Place into hot oil. Fry 2-3 minutes on each side until brown.
Yields approximately 10 fried eggplant medallions.
Recipe compliments of Chef Patrick Mould.