This pasta dish is made with a wealth of ingredients and is very rich. It can be served by itself or utilized as a base for panned chicken breast.
2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup tasso ham
1/3 cup andouille or smoked sausage
1 cup cooked corn
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped celery
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
1 1/2 pints heavy cream
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons fresh basilor 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
2 teaspoons oregano or 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon hot sauce
3 tablespoons chopped green onions
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
4 cups cooked pasta
1. Heat butter in a medium saute pan over medium heat.
2. Add tasso ham and sausage and brown lightly.
3. Add corn, onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic. Saute lightly for 2 minutes.
4. Add Cajun seasoning, heavy cream, basil, thyme and oregano. Simmer for 3-4 minutes until cream reduces and starts to thicken. Be careful not to reduce too much because sauce could break.
5. Stir in green onions and parsley.
6. Serve over cooked pasta.
Yields 4 servings.
Recipe compliments of Chef Patrick Mould.