One of the greatest culinary combinations known to man is heavy cream, Parmesan cheese and pasta. Exercise later!
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup minced onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 julienned medium bell pepper
1 cup sliced celery
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup sliced zucchini
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
or 1/8 cup dried basil
2 tablespoons fresh oregano
or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 tablespoon Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
1 teaspoon hot sauce
5 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 bunch asparagus, cooked
2 small heads of broccoli, cooked
1 pound spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
1. In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over a medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute for 5 minutes being careful not to brown.
2. Add bell peppers, celery, mushrooms, zucchini and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir in basil, oregano, Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning, hot sauce, heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Bring to a boil, lower fire and cook until cream starts to reduce, thicken and form a sauce. Be careful not to reduce cream too much as it could curdle.
4. Stir in asparagus and broccoli to heat.
5. Serve primavera over spaghetti.
Yields 6-8 servings.
Recipe compliments of Chef Patrick Mould.