Created by Kathleen Hurst, Richard Hurst’s mom. This recipe is great year round.
4 oz grated Romano cheese
1 tbsp garlic
1/4 lb butter
1/2 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 lb lump crab meat
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 tsp each of red, white & black pepper
2 tbsp parsley
1 tsp salt
4 oz chopped boiled shrimp
2 tsp dried thyme
1. Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat.
2. Add flour until thickened. Cook this roux over low heat, stirring often for 10 minutes.
3. Be sure not to brown your roux, it should be a white roux.
4. Add cheese, whipping cream, milk, parsley and seasonings.
5. Cook until cheese is melted and sauce thickens.
6. Fold in lump crabmeat and cook another 5 minutes.
7. Transfer to casserole dish.
8. Brown in oven and serve.
Recipe compliments of Chef Richard Hurst.
240 Tubing Rd. | Broussard, LA 70518