1 lb. Cubed pork
1 teaspoon Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ lb. Bryan Smoked Sausage, sliced
1 cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped green bell pepper
½ cup chopped celery
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon dark roux
½ cup water
2 cups rice
3½ cup beef broth
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon hot sauce
¼ cup chopped green onions
2 tablespoons minced parsley
1. Season pork with creole seasoning.
2. In a large sauce pot, heat oil. Stir in seasoned pork and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add Bryan Smoked Sausage and cook for additional 5 minutes.
3. Stir in onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in roux and water, cover pot and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in rice and cook for 2 minutes; add beef broth, bay leaves and hot sauce. Bring to boil, cover pot, turn fire as low as it will go, and cook for 27 minutes, stirring every 9 minutes.
5. Stir in green onions and parsley.
Yields 6 servings.
Recipe compliments of Chef Patrick Mould.