The cheesecake recipe is pretty much a basic cheesecake recipe what makes it so special is the praline sauce I use as a topping. It is so good you be tempted to eat it, by itself.
Graham Cracker Crust:
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
one quarter cup sugar
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 1/2 pounds cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
one-half cup pecan pieces
1 egg, beaten
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/12 cup butter
1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup pecan pieces
1. Mix ingredients together in a mixing bowl until moist and crumbly.
2. Using the back of a large spoon, press crumb mixture firmly on bottom and sides of 9-inch springform pan.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl. Cream together until light and fluffy.
2. Beat eggs into cream cheese mixture one at a time until completely incorporated.
3. Add remaining ingredients and beat until completely incorporated.
Pour batter into springform pan lined with graham cracker crust.
4. Bake for one hour and fifteen minutes. Chill before slicing and topping with praline sauce.
1. Combine all ingredients except pecan pieces in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for 2 minutes
2. Add pecan pieces and allow sauce to come to room temperature before topping slice of cheesecake. Garnish cheesecake with whipped cream.
Yields 12-16 slices.
Recipe compliments of Chef Patrick Mould.