4 Tablespoons butter
3 Ears of corn, shucked and cut off cob
3 Mirlitons, cooked, peeled and diced
1 Cup chopped onion
½ Cup diced celery
½ Cup diced bell pepper
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 Tablespoon minced, fresh thyme
1 Tablespoon Tony’s Chacere’s
1-10 oz. Diced Rotel Tomatoes, drained
1 lb. Peeled shrimp
2 Cups heavy cream
¼ Cup Parmesan, grated
¼ Cup green onions
¼ Cup parsley, minced
1. Heat butter in sauce pot. Add corn and cook 10 minutes. Add mirlitons and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
2. Add onion, celery, bell pepper, garlic and thyme. Cook for additional 5 minutes.
3. Add Tony’s, rotel tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes until water from tomatoes has evaporated.
4. Stir in shrimp, heavy cream, parmesan cheese and bring to boil; lower fire and simmer for 15-20 minutes until cream thickens slightly.
5. Stir in green onions and parsley.
6, May be served with rice or pasta or polenta.
Yields 6-8 servings.
Recipe compliments of Chef Patrick Mould.