One 4-5 pound brisket
12 cloves of garlic peeled
1/2 cup mustard
1/4 cup seasoning blend
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup liquid smoke
1 cup rootbeer
4 cups of water
1. Place brisket on cutting board fat side down. Using a small utility knife cut 12 slits in the meat side, large enough to insert garlic cloves.
2. After inserting cloves sporadically through the brisket, rub both sides with with mustard, rub seasoning blend all over both sides.
3. Press brown sugar down on both sides of brisket and return meatside down in small pan.
4. Place small pan into a larger pan and pour all liquid into bottom large pan, to prevent brisket from sitting in liquid during cooking process.
5. Wrap pan 2 times with clear wrap, insuring no air leaks, then 2 times with foil for a final seal.
6. Place in oven at 250 degrees for 4 hours.
7. Remove from oven and cut foil, be careful of escaping steam.
8. After cooling, slice and serve.
Recipe compliments of Chef Chris Wadsworth.