The potatoes in this dish just soak up the flavor of the sausage and spices.
1 pound Bryan Smoked Sausage
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
one quarter teaspoon white pepper
one quarter cup dark roux
4 cups beef stock
3 pounds red potatoes, cubed
1/4 cup chopped green onion
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Heat large saucepot and brown Bryan Smoked Sausage.
2. Add onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
3. Add Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, white pepper, dark roux and saute until roux begins to soften. Add 1 cup beef stock and stir until roux begins to dissolve.
4. Cover pot and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Uncover pot and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add potatoes and remaining beef stock, bring to boil, cover and cook for 20 minutes over medium high heat. Remove cover and cook for additional 5 minutes.
7. Add green onions and parsley.
Yields 6 servings.
Recipe compliments of Chef Patrick Mould.