Smoked Sausage & Potato Fricassee
- 1 pound smoked sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ jar dark roux
- 4 cups beef stock
- 3 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat large saucepot to medium and brown smoked sausage.
- Add onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic and saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Add Cajun seasoning and Worcestershire sauce and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add ½ jar of dark roux mixing until vegetables and roux combine.
- Add 1 cup beef stock and stir until roux begins to dissolve.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and cook covered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes, cover and cook for 20 minutes over medium high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover pot and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add green onions and parsley.