- 1 Tbs Oil
- 8 Oz Smoked Sausage, Cut Into 1" Slices
- 1 Lg Chopped Yellow Onion
- ½ Chopped Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Head Green Cabbage, Cored and Coarsely Chopped
- Salt To Taste
- Red Cayenne Pepper To Taste
- Black Pepper To Taste
- Heat oil in a large 8 quart Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add sausage, cook, stirring occasionally, until sausage pieces brown, 7-10 minutes.
- Add onions and bell peppers and cook for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add cabbage, salt, red cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
- Cook, covered and stirring occasionally, until cabbage is tender, about 45 minutes.