Two 10-ounce bags of cleaned and trimmed spinach
3 slices bacon
1 tablespoon reserved bacon fat
1/2 cup minced onion
1 1/2 cups sliced white mushrooms
1/2 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
1/4 cup sliced oyster mushrooms
One 10-ounce can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom & Roasted Garlic Soup
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a large saucepot, place spinach, cover and cook for 5 minutes until wilted. Place in strainer and allow liquid to drain pressing occasionally. Once it has cooled coarsely chop and set aside.
2. Cook bacon in a frying pan until crisp. Remove from pan allow to cool then crumble; set aside, reserving 1 tablespoon of bacon fat in pan.
3. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Stir in Campbell's Cream of Mushroom & Roasted Garlic Soup, heavy cream, nutmeg and cayenne pepper and simmer until cream sauce has formed (about 1 minute).
5. Stir in cooked spinach and cook until heated. Stir in cheese until melted.
Yields 6 servings.
Recipe compliments of Chef Patrick Mould.