Sweet Potatoes, All Dressed Up
- 4 Sweet Potatoes or 3 Pounds
- 1 Tbl Butter
- 4 Tbl Melted Butter
- ½ C Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- ½ C Pecan Pieces
- 1 Small Can Pineapple Chunks or Tidbits, Drained
- 10 Maraschino Cherries
- 1 C Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake sweet potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet for 1–1 1/2 hours, or until potatoes yield to pressure when squeezed.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Butter an 8 x 8 baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into 1 inch rounds and place in the baking dish.
- Pour melted butter evenly over potatoes.
- Sprinkle brown sugar, cinnamon, pecan pieces, pineapple chunks and cherries on top of potatoes, finishing with marshmallows.
- Bake at 400 degrees until heated through and marshmallows are toasty brown.