6 tomatoes, chopped
3 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
1/4 cup fresh basil, stems removed and chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 French baguettes
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven on broiler setting
2. In a large bowl, combine the roma tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinaigrette, basil, salt and pepper. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
3. Cut the baguette into 3/4 inch slices.
4. On a baking sheet, arrange the baguette slices in a single layer. Broil for 1 to 2 minute, until slightly brown.
5. Divide the tomato mixture evenly over the baguette slices.
6. Top the slices with mozzarella cheese.
7. Broil for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Recipe compliments of Chef Chris Wadsworth.