- 1 head of green cabbage, shredded
- 1 head of purple cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 pound of watermelon
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup buttermilk (optional)
- Shred green and purple cabbage into 1/4 inch strips and set aside.
- Julienne carrots or shred with box grater, add to cabbage.
- Slice watermelon in half and remove seeds from watermelon.
- Puree melon with mixer and strain to extract juice.
- Measure out roughly 1 cup of juice.
- Combine watermelon juice, sugar, mayo, and buttermilk until blended into a dressing.
- Add dressing to the coleslaw and toss all ingredients until thoroughly mixed.